This week, Skift launched one of their largest projects, The Complete Oral History of Boutique Hotels. Nearly 40 years after the birth of the boutique hotels movement in the U.S., more than two dozen founders and key players tell Skift’s Hospitality Editor Deanna Ting how it all happened in this 60,000 word deep dive into how rethinking hotels transformed the way we travel.
Don't miss these exclusive interviews with innovators from the early days to the present:
- Ian Schrager, co-founder of Morgans Hotel Group, now principal of Ian Schrager Company
- Barry Sternlicht, founder of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, now founder, chairman, and CEO of Starwood Capital Group
- Chip Conley, founder of Joie de Vivre Hotels, now a strategic advisor for Airbnb
- Niki Leondakis, former president and COO of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, now CEO of Equinox Fitness Clubs
- Wade Weigel, co-founder of Ace Hotels
The Complete Oral History of Boutique Hotels is brought to you by: ALICE, the operations platform for boutique hotels.